First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. Every kind of mold is a fungus, just like mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to humans is uncommon in the fungi world, meaning most kinds aren't harmful. However, some are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.
Government experts recommend that you contact a mold restoration company Wake Forest, NC company for help if the smelly mold takes up more than about 3 square feet. This is because if you see mold, there is probably hidden mold trapped in drywall and crevices and elsewhere.
Check credentials before you hire a mold removal company. The State Business Licensing Division is a good place to start, and you should check for affiliations such as as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. You might also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.
You should clean up any fungal growth you find to prevent further harm, and do it now. If you don't, mold growths will continue to feast on your home or business and will destroy your things. Some types of mold, those that release toxic spores, can also cause sever health risks ranging from brain damage. Mold in the environment can be particularly dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.